Today I visited a client who lived in an period style home in Pascoe Vale South. It was a rental property that absolutely wreaked of mould. I extracted, cleaned and sanitised two mattresses that both had mould stains on them. One of the occupants was an allergy sufferer who was finding she was sick more often than well. I explained to her that she should start a regular vigil to combat her allergies while inside this particular house.
Mould in any part of your house can be harmful to you and your family. Mould spores that are airborne are particularly dangerous as they can quickly find there way into your respiratory system. Finally, especially in her case due to the nature of the mould problems within her dwelling, get a fully fitted mattress protector. Mould on your mattresses can be a serious health risk! If you find that you’re regularly falling ill, check your entire home for mould, it’s a bacteria we can definitely live without.